Click here to Join our
FREE Mailing List
Payment can be made by any of the above cards either online or by phone.
If booking online please read and follow the instructions carefully or contact the office for assistances.
UK Bushcraft Survival Courses
Campcraft and Cookery
The Bushcraft Expeditions Campcraft and Cookery course will give you the fundamental skills required to work with what nature provides and the in-depth Camp cookery skills to make any stay in the wilderness an enjoyable and rewarding experience. During the course we will take you through the safe use of campcraft tools, introduce you to the properties of the different woods available and learn how to fashion them into a variety of useful implements for use around the camp. We will learn about various camp construction methods using natural materials that have evolved from around the world as well as introducing you to different camp cooking techniques again using methods and utensils from around the world.
During the course you will cover the following subjects:
Safe use of campcraft tools (Knife, Axe, draw knives, Mauls, saws and augers)
- Wood selection for camp craft projects
- Materials and bindings for campcraft projects
- Making tools from natural resources
- The 10 Knots of Bushcraft
- Creating camp furniture and implements
- Blind "peg and wedge" techniques
- Pioneering Skills
- Wood selection, identification and properties for fires and cooking
- Fire lays and their uses
Primitive and contemporary cooking techniques
- Recipes for open fire cookery
- Dutch oven and Pojke cookery
Fish and game preparation
- Outfitting and utensils for the trail, canoe and pack
To book this course scroll down, select your date and "click" on the button, then follow the procedure through to the secure online booking form.
On receipt of your booking we will forward you full course joining instructions
Dates: See Calendar
Location: Beaminster, Dorset
Duration: 5 Days
Max student numbers: 12
Course assembly time: 18:00 hrs
Accommodation: Camping/Full Board Basis