Equipment requirements for Bushcraft Expeditions UK courses are minimal. All courses are conducted in woodland and require camping. The items you require are listed below. If you have any questions as to suitability of equipment or are unsure about any thing on the equipment list please do not hesitate to contact the office.
If you are unsure as to where to purchase any items of outdoor equipment you will find a list of online shops on the additional information page.
- Rucksack (for Foundation, Wilderness quest and Junior foundation only)
- Holdall will suffice for all other courses
- Small tent or similar shelter such as hammock and tarpaulin/shelter sheet
- A minimum of 2 sets of suitable outdoor clothing. (appropriate to season)
- Waist belt (preferably leather)
- Hat and gloves
- Waterproof outer wear
- Swimming Costume (Quest course only)
- Sleeping bag (appropriate for the season) Gortex or similar bivvi bag will be provided
- Insulating sleeping mat (closed cell or Thermarest type is ideal)
- Knife fork and spoon, small unbreakable bowl/plate, Mug.
- Water container (Bottle or bag) approx 1.5 litres.
- Torch (preferably a head torch) + spare batteries.
- Wash kit and toiletries + towel
- 10 m strong nylon cord (Foundation and Wilderness quest course only)
- Insect repellent.
- Notebook and pencil.
- Reference or Field guides